Sunday, November 26, 2006

The WriMo end

NaNoWriMo 2006, this is perhaps the worst writing experience I have ever had. My previous low point writing (besides not writing anything for 5 or 6 years) was when my Schizophrenic mother and I were in the same intro English class in my hometown's Community College. Every paper I did was late, and why? Because my mother was dominating the computer. I remember clearly looking at what she wrote and being horrified that my sinking grade was due to her second grade vocabulary and syntax.

What made NaNoWriMo 2006 so horrible was my low word count. I had overtime dropped on my lap, dental problems, got a skin rash and by then I was cooked. My word deficit is insurmountable by me. I still have not broken ten thousand words, by now I can’t wait for November to be over.

On a positive note NaNoWriMo has renewed my interest in writing. I got a taste with this blog. Now I really want to write and improve as a writer. CRSE has the nonfiction down, that leaves the rest to me. I joined Toasted Cheese which has an ezine, writing prompts, and a forum. So the results of the writing prompts will probably end up here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life really does tend to interfere. I agree.

But hey, it whetted your writing appetite, so that's awesome. :)

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so proud of you. You did really well. Im glad we are moving ahead with this hon.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home